International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian CCI (the ICAC) is a flagship institution among the arbitration institutions in Central and Eastern Europe and a recognized arbitration institution worldwide.
The ICAC stands for the leading international arbitration standards in Ukraine and offers arbitration which makes arbitration processes comfortable, efficient, fast and transparent for the parties.
Five reasons to choose the ICAC
- 1. Experience
The ICAC is one of the most experienced arbitration institutions in the Eastern European region
- The ICAC arbitrators are the leading lawyers across 33 countries, recommended in arbitration by the international legal directories Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 and are able to professionally render and consider disputes.
- The ICAC considers cases over foreign economic contracts. In the last 25 years the ICAC has considered and rendered awards in 10300 cases. The ICAC registers on average from 300 to 600 cases annually.
- 2. Fees
The transparent and competitive arbitration and the duration of considering cases
- The transparent and predictable arbitration that is in average 3,5 times more competitive than the fee for the similar services of the arbitration institutions in Central and Western Europe.
- No additional charges needed in case of filling a petition for taking security measures.
- Halls for oral hearings, audio and video equipment and other office services are provided at no additional cost.
- 3. Efficiency
The ICAC provides efficient consideration of the cases
- The duration of considering approximately 90% of the cases is less than half a year. The duration of considering 60% of the cases is no longer than 3 months, less than 1% of the cases are considered for more than 12 months.
- On average only 2.5% of the ICAC arbitral awards are disputed, and only 1% of arbitral awards are cancelled.
- The ICAC arbitral awards are implemented across 110 countries.
- 4. Meeting the needs of the parties
The ICAC arbitral procedures meet the needs of the parties
- An efficient and clear procedure allows the parties to participate in arbitration with no involvement of external lawyers.
- High level of support provided to the parties and arbitrators by the ICAC Secretariat.
- Legal monopoly does not apply to the business interests at the ICAC.
- 5. Comfort
The ICAC offers the parties comfortable arbitration conditions
- Convenient location for the users: Kyiv – a centre between Europe and Asia – offers a great air connection with most European and CIS capitals, more competitive accommodation costs as well as incomparable cultural and historical heritage of the Slavic nation.
- The ICAC provides comfortable meeting and conference rooms, audio and video equipment, office services, assistance with other logistics (translation, lunch, etc.) at no additional cost.