On 13 February 2018, arbitration lawyers, in-house lawyers of Ukrainian and multinational companies operating in Ukraine, business leaders, arbitrators, judges, and legal scholars will participate in a professional event addressing new Rules of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (the ICAC at the UCCI) and related court proceedings at the premises of the UCCI.
The event will launch a series of roadshows International Commercial Arbitration: new ICAC Rules and related court proceedings that will be held in February-June 2018 across Ukraine.
- Oleksiy Filatov, Deputy Head, Presidential Administration of Ukraine, Coordinator, Judicial Reform Council, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Gennadiy Chizhikov, President at the UCCI
- Mykola Selivon, President, the ICAC at the UCCI
- Tetiana Zakharchenko, Vice President, the ICAC at the UCCI
- Iryna Mudra, Director, Debt Restructuring Department, JSC “Oschadbank”
- Yaroslav Teklyuk, Director for Legal Affairs, NJSC “Naftogaz of Ukraine”
- Petro Kroupko, arbitrator, the ICAC at the UCCI
- Tetiana Slipachuk, Partner, Sayenko Kharenko
- Johan Sidklev, Partner, Roschier Law Firm (Sweden)
Hosted by: the UCCI, the ICAC, regional CCIs; expert support by: Sayenko Kharenko.
Media sponsors: US-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine, Ukrainian Bar Association, Confederation of Construction Specialists (Ukraine), Ukrainian Arbitration Association, YouControl, and Yurydychna Gazeta publishing.
On December 15, 2017, the amendments to the Code of Civil Procedure and to Code of Commercial Procedure of Ukraine became effective. These changes affect many aspects, in particular, the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards. At the same time, on January 1, 2018, the new edition of the Rules of the ICAC became effective. Both of the renewed documents contribute to the improvement of the pro-arbitration and investment climate in Ukraine.
Mykola Selivon, the President of the ICAC, notes that the purpose of these events is to deliver the information on the novels of the procedural legislation regarding arbitration and arbitral tribunals, as well as to identify new opportunities appeared in the national arbitration jurisdiction in connection with the judicial reform and the new Rules.